The conference offers a number of benefits to Young Professionals through the following objectives:
- Empower Young Professionals with best leadership-experience embracing objectivity, community participation/activisms, professionalism and promotion of engineering principles
- Establish and maintain organisational structures for YPs to act as role models for school learners and for senior infrastructure/engineering to mentor YPs.
- Provide solutions to skills development and retention by public sector and private sector. Without engineering skills there will be no provision for water, housing and road services but absolute poverty, inequality and unemployment will prevail.
Topics to be covered include:
- Leadership beyond engineering
- Wastage – Reducing non-revenue water in SA
- Waste should not be wasted – but recovered/reuse or presented from source (waste management / energy)
- Inspirational talk – Happy engineers are good engineers! A new perspective on happiness and how to
- Train the young trainers – on procurement/SCM & contracts
- Advocacy – Attractiveness of engineering
- Anti-corruption/Business Integrity Management System – how to stop the scourge of corruption